Dark Dream Appaloosa
08:49:06 Moon|Appaloosa Hoard
Eyrie
Thank you!
Eyrie of the Stars
08:46:08 Eyrie
Moon neither are amazing matches. Stud 2 is definitely better since he's definitely strongest in Int, the mare's weakest trait, but neither are weakest in her strongest trait, Hrt.
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:45:20 Star / Sarah
time to massbreed, sorry for those who own a cheap EWW TB stud
Dark Dream Appaloosa
08:43:16 Moon|Appaloosa Hoard
Stud 2
-HEE Click-
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:43:12 Star / Sarah
*horsies
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:42:57 Star / Sarah
anything below pPP have been my color hories
Dark Dream Appaloosa
08:42:50 Moon|Appaloosa Hoard
Could I get an opinion on this match
Stud 1
-HEE Click-
PK Rescue Stable
08:42:19 Fossil-sore
Grrr. Found a great EEE+WC/E match. But they are full siblings. I just can't bring myself to break the rule
The Old Gods
08:41:39 Void Malign
It means they weren't rated
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:41:26 Star / Sarah
-Click-
what the heck does "none" mean??
Ranch Lands Training
08:39:42 Lilly/PON Addict
Nevermind, hold on. Apparently 6 AM with no coffee is way to early for me to do math
Ranch Lands Training
08:38:52 Lilly/PON Addict
All though I could have sworn I had more than 50 foals since I have 79 in my barn???
The Old Gods
08:38:44 Void Malign
But yeah, all my accounts tend to buck the "3 match rule". My smallest SA didn't buuuut I think the 2 WWWs make up for it lol
Ranch Lands Training
08:37:45 Lilly/PON Addict
I got 31 WC foals out of 50 foals and none where P rated. I'm calling that a win
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:37:42 Star / Sarah
-Click-
I'm doing quite well this year (but as you can see I haven't bred very many horses)
The Old Gods
08:35:35 Void Malign
Stable > Report > Breeding SUmmary
*Rising Stars TBs*
08:35:17 Star / Sarah
Void, where do you see that??
TopGun Elites
08:32:44 mav/maverick
couldnt remember why i needed a purple glass and now i do and its not in store
The Old Gods
08:32:28 Void Malign
-Click- I mean, this is one of my SA. Those PPPs are just the shitty EWW mares I threw at one of my WWWs for shits and giggles
Ranch Lands Training
08:30:59 Lilly/PON Addict
Ah, your right Eury. How could I forget 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️
You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.

Rules   Hide
You are in: Main Chat
View Sales

Year: 179   Season: Spring   $: 0 Thu 08:51am CDT  
 Forecast: Light Rain then Clearing Overnight

Forums

→ Horse Eden is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Downfall comments May 2, 2024 09:46 PM

Ponies heaven

Give Award

Hello

Feel free to comment here about what you would like to see more in the story and suggestions (advice) or criticism, I am open to it!
Downfall comments May 2, 2024 09:58 PM

FirstLightFarms

Trivia Team

Give Award
Hey!
I do have a few things to suggest that stood out to me while I was reading.
The first would be to not center your text, as it comes across as a poem and I had to reread it a few times to realize there was a story happening. It looks pretty but it messes with the physical flow of the reader's eye, which makes it harder to keep track of what's happening.
It seems like there's several flashbacks here, but again, it's hard to keep track of what's 'now' and what's 'then'. If you're not going to indicate it by having the narrator tell the reader that she's thinking of a memory (which can be pretty clunky), then possibly consider italicizing the flashbacks. It's a very common device to notate that a particular bit of text is a flashback.
I'm also not really sure what's happening. Who is your narrator, and what is their relationship with Freya? Why are they on a dune, where did the assassin come from, where did the horse come from? It was all super confusing.
You do seem to have a lot of really good ideas though, and I am super intrigued by the world you're building. Especially the end, and the mysterious figures.
The chapter is certainly a good start- you're introducing your characters and their situation, and ending it on a very mysterious, page-turning note. It just needs to be more clear so the reader understands what's happening.
Best of luck, and good job :)
Downfall comments May 2, 2024 10:11 PM

Ponies heaven

Give Award

FirstLightFarms said:
Hey!
I do have a few things to suggest that stood out to me while I was reading.
The first would be to not center your text, as it comes across as a poem and I had to reread it a few times to realize there was a story happening. It looks pretty but it messes with the physical flow of the reader's eye, which makes it harder to keep track of what's happening.
It seems like there's several flashbacks here, but again, it's hard to keep track of what's 'now' and what's 'then'. If you're not going to indicate it by having the narrator tell the reader that she's thinking of a memory (which can be pretty clunky), then possibly consider italicizing the flashbacks. It's a very common device to notate that a particular bit of text is a flashback.
I'm also not really sure what's happening. Who is your narrator, and what is their relationship with Freya? Why are they on a dune, where did the assassin come from, where did the horse come from? It was all super confusing.
You do seem to have a lot of really good ideas though, and I am super intrigued by the world you're building. Especially the end, and the mysterious figures.
The chapter is certainly a good start- you're introducing your characters and their situation, and ending it on a very mysterious, page-turning note. It just needs to be more clear so the reader understands what's happening.
Best of luck, and good job :)

Thank you for your advice, I will most certainly look into these things! I am planning on smoothing out the horse situation as the last scene will play on, as for the narrator, I am trying to move a 3d person story into a 1st person story and might need some help with that.

Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Refresh

Copyright ©2009-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved

Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   DMCA   |   Contact Us
Help Me (0)  |   Game Rules   |  Reset Palette