Dandelion Farms
04:30:29 Sky/Dandy
IÂ’m about to get like three hours of sleep. It is not going to be a good dsy tomorrow lol
Dandelion Farms
04:23:36 Sky/Dandy
Star
Most definitely
*Rising Stars TBs*
04:22:04 Star / Sarah
Chat is pretty dead :P
~.Oblivion.~
03:17:38 Obi
Thank you :) I'm so happy
Ponies heaven
03:17:37 Pera/ peral
Hi chat ;) hereÂ’s a small poll > -HEE Click-
Bluegrass Racing
03:17:18 Twin
Congrats Obi
Hot 2 Trot
03:15:43 ♡Holly♡
Congrats Obi!
~.Oblivion.~
03:15:08 Obi
Oh my goodness! Got my horse spotlighted for the first time and it's my new colt!
Salem
03:14:53 Salem / Salt
looking for a 1x1 rp, pm me!
Hot 2 Trot
03:14:29 ♡Holly♡
Shes pretty
-HEE Click-
Stargazer
03:00:51 
I have one mare that i do embryo's for, and i think around 50 mares? left. We shall see lol Will take any luck I can get. But also send you whatever luck I can Bingus.
Bignus Bognus
02:58:18 (totally not bingus)
I'm mostly done breeding for the month so I'll send allll the luck to you star :) hopefully RF is merciful lol
Stargazer
02:55:24 
Bingus, yeah I feel that. But my hope for this season is gone out the window XD hopefully someone with RF surprises me
Stargazer
02:54:37 
I do have two EEE KNN mares that are two but I still feel stuck :')
Bignus Bognus
02:53:59 (totally not bingus)
Ugh I feel that Star, I haven't done better than an EEW colt on my TB account in like 4 months :')

I'm holding out hope though lol
Stargazer
02:53:46 
this is my only keeper so far this year zz

-HEE Click-
Stargazer
02:52:39 
phew I might need a new keyboard, have to actually pay attention to what I type. Common keys are dying on me
Cheese
02:52:21 Cheesy KNNs
I used to get nice EWEs from my EEE homo dun girl. But then I sold her :'(
I'll have to ask for some embryos...
Stargazer
02:50:47 
KNN's havent been nice for a an RO or two, they used to like me xD miss my PEE combos at this pint. Might die if I get a EEW this season.
Bignus Bognus
02:50:45 (totally not bingus)
And hi Holly <333
You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.

Rules   Hide
You are in: Main Chat
View Sales

Year: 179   Season: Spring   $: 0 Thu 04:51am CDT  
 Forecast: Light Rain then Clearing Overnight

Forums

→ Horse Eden is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Horse Eden Eventing
  1  2  3  4  5

Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 08:41 PM

Sagebrush

Give Award

Darkside Dreams said:

Crystal River said:

Versailles said:

Darkside Dreams said:
Is it allowable to make a suggestion to raise the FR cap? Obviously not remove it, but raise it to 500 or 1000? It won't fix the problem, hell, it won't do much at all, but right now 100k is enough of a joke that I'm not even bothering with gathering FR fodder.

Tranquility said:
Go for it! I know there was plenty of backlash when it was first introduced and I know that there is definitely still disagreement about it BUT if I'm being honest, I will be surprised if Eve does actually decide to change the cap.

I don't know how much attention the suggestion would receive, but I think it'd help balance out the economy again to make sure people can actually breed foals for fun, also without letting them go crazy wild. A higher cap doesn't seem unreasonable in my eyes.

I believe at least a try could be very helpful

Looked through the suggestions and it's been suggested several times, and locked every time. Eve herself said(albeit 2 years ago) that the cap won't be raised. Extremely disappointing, but it is what it is I guess.
Disappointing thing is showing isn't an option for some. Some people just don't and can't grasp the concept no matter how it's spun, so where do they get their money if they're not an artist, top breeder, or willing to spend RL money?

Maybe this incentive is to spedn RL money to fund the game. But if that becomes a requirement, unfortunately a lot of players (especially younger) wouldn't be able to play anymore. I've always loved this game because Eve still makes money with the upgrades, but you have a way to buy them with ebs.
Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 08:42 PM

Sagebrush

Give Award
Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 10:24 PM

Dash and Duchess

Give Award

Versailles said:

Sagebrush said:

Versailles said:
Unfortunately my slots are starting to slow down too lol.
If they don't pick up again, I'm going to have to rely on geldings... The trouble becomes, when I'm no longer on break from college stuff, I won't be able to keep up with HEE.
I, too, earned a lot from broods. Hay, lower LB stud fees, etc. Those are what funded even my matches that DIDN'T have svens. Since those foals won't sell, there comes a point at which studs lower on the boards aren't used, and broods that aren't on the boards at all are ignored. Less foals means less hay, now hay won't sell.
If the foals end up at 0 value or negative value (at least 750 for the breed approvals), people just won't breed them. Period. And then everything related to them, tanks. I don't know how to solve this in my case. I had a variety of things I used to do in place of geldings, but none of them are currently working.
I never approve my foals because of this, I only approve any keepers/horses that have good breeding because nothing is selling and I literally can't make any sort of profit. WIth capturing, it used to cost 3k, plus approval so 3750. I used to be able to sell them for 2k+ and then I'd breed a few foals to FR and break even/make a profit. Not although capturing is cheaper (2750), I can't even sell my unbred mares for 1k, and my foals for 600. However I'm also seeing art go for record high prices in auctions. I remeber a few years ago, Coldwater and Trigg did a collab (this piece) back in 2019 and it went for 2-3 mil. Nowadays I can sell a piece rather easily for 2.5 mil, and their piece could probably reach 7-10+ mil. I don't know if the problems we're having are because of having too much money or too little money, but inflation of top studs/broods/arts and the devaluation of many things like regular horses/broods/studs is interesting.

I'd give it a try again. I'm curious. I used to see pieces go for 1-2mil consistently, if they were good- but now I'm seeing a lot of artists, unless they make something extremely fantastic and detailed, get around 200-600k depending on who it is

and like versa said, a lot of sales is also based on reputation, such as mana, zomb , versa of course, sagebrush, etc. it's a hard gig lol
Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 10:35 PM

Lucky

Give Award
Honestly after taking a short three month ish break from the game, I can see how much the economy is changing, especially when it comes to art. As Versa's been saying, the lack of sales in art (even in T1) seems to be kind of worrying. Probably another sign of the economy going to crap lol.
Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 10:53 PM

Shadow Woods

Give Award
I'm not sure about everyone else but I just got active again (so much going on in real life) about a week or so ago. I think I took almost a full year hiatus, just logging in to maintain activity and I want to say a half a year to a year before that I was barely on (coincidentally, I think right around the FR cap I started becoming less active). It does feel different but could be just a hectic time for everyone as Sagebrush mentioned.
I regret leaving for so long, all but 3 of my horses were dead and I'm now rebuilding my showstring. I wanted to immediately hop into purchasing broods again, but I'm going to be spending awhile just gaining an income even with what I amassed while gone. But with the price of things I know that I won't have enough to really get me effectively anywhere until I build up my showing program.
I know y'all are talking about the economy and I feel like it started to get worse around when I left and it sounds like it's just hitting a tough spot. I've been checking out different forums to see how things are and I've barely been back but I will admit it feels different (but again, I've not been back long).
Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 11:11 PM

Boulder Creek

Give Award

Where I'm seeing this come up, having witnessed it over the past several years, is in the community engagements.

Wishing Wells are constantly being overwhelmed with stables 'wising' for upgrades, breedings, EBs, barns.
Is it the responsibility or the expected generosity of the players who have slogged through learning to Show, Breed, Art, etc. to then pay for others to get a handout to reach similar level?

Clubs and Contests are being forced to increase the level of payouts to even meet the current economic demand. A ten thousand Eden Buck payout or item equivalent is absolute pennies and will either go unclaimed or dismissed with disrespect. If you aren't offering an incentive of a Glass/Medallion/Sven or EBs equivalent - no one wants to participate.

The players who enjoy the club or community activity - are usually willing to donate a bit of what they have (items, horses, breedings, art); but the general consensus is that it's totally unwanted.
How are you supposed to communicate to those generous and kind stables who are supporting your efforts, with the fact that 'Their Donation Isn't Good Enough for the Community'?

There's an imbalance with trying to get people to join a club (buy into the community), generate enough money in the ledger to then disperse back to the group through contests or raffles or other community engagements. The Club Staff who spend countless hours doing everything they can to keep an interesting and active atmosphere - are left with little to nothing for their work. Rarely are 'Thank You's sent when prizes are given out. Or the hardwork acknowledged, or the hours of time and energy spent on making it unique.

It's the Take Take Take attitude from a decent chunk of players, that makes Burnout for this game and community so real.

You can see it in so many areas around HEE - so many sections of the Forums, the Roleplay Section, Contests, Clubs, Chat.

I'm seeing negative demeanors from all over. The way people talk to each other, chat, comment, message; passive aggression seems to be a love language to some.

When it costs nothing to be kind, why be anything else?

Is everyone on vacation? May 17, 2024 11:18 PM

KPH Equestrian

Give Award

Boulder Creek said:

Where I'm seeing this come up, having witnessed it over the past several years, is in the community engagements.

Wishing Wells are constantly being overwhelmed with stables 'wising' for upgrades, breedings, EBs, barns.
Is it the responsibility or the expected generosity of the players who have slogged through learning to Show, Breed, Art, etc. to then pay for others to get a handout to reach similar level?

Clubs and Contests are being forced to increase the level of payouts to even meet the current economic demand. A ten thousand Eden Buck payout or item equivalent is absolute pennies and will either go unclaimed or dismissed with disrespect. If you aren't offering an incentive of a Glass/Medallion/Sven or EBs equivalent - no one wants to participate.

The players who enjoy the club or community activity - are usually willing to donate a bit of what they have (items, horses, breedings, art); but the general consensus is that it's totally unwanted.
How are you supposed to communicate to those generous and kind stables who are supporting your efforts, with the fact that 'Their Donation Isn't Good Enough for the Community'?

There's an imbalance with trying to get people to join a club (buy into the community), generate enough money in the ledger to then disperse back to the group through contests or raffles or other community engagements. The Club Staff who spend countless hours doing everything they can to keep an interesting and active atmosphere - are left with little to nothing for their work. Rarely are 'Thank You's sent when prizes are given out. Or the hardwork acknowledged, or the hours of time and energy spent on making it unique.

It's the Take Take Take attitude from a decent chunk of players, that makes Burnout for this game and community so real.

You can see it in so many areas around HEE - so many sections of the Forums, the Roleplay Section, Contests, Clubs, Chat.

I'm seeing negative demeanors from all over. The way people talk to each other, chat, comment, message; passive aggression seems to be a love language to some.

When it costs nothing to be kind, why be anything else?

This is true on here and IRL, it's like saying Thank You hurts them somehow.
-
On here, I'd like to note that the Take Take Take attitude is fed largely by the fact that people can't get their hands on much by themselves and don't want to miss out on something. If a dog is starving, of course it's going to snap up every bit of food you drop. But there is a fine line between actually needing something and just being greedy, a scale that often tips to the latter when people expect free handouts.
Is everyone on vacation? May 18, 2024 02:52 AM

Buckleaze

Give Award
I have been playing this game since 2015 and I have never used any real money. A couple of times I have bought a Premium using ebs but I have found that the economy for free stables is better. I also stay in the Small Stable category (under 200 horses). I am very successful and I never spend ebs on frivolities like items or art.

Forums > Horse Eden Eventing
  1  2  3  4  5

Refresh

Copyright ©2009-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved

Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   DMCA   |   Contact Us
Help Me (1)  |   Game Rules   |  Reset Palette