which one looks better?
-HEE Click-
-HEE Click-
Mythological
08:46:07 Crowley | Myth
Bazz!
Dark Shadows Estate
08:39:48 Bazz
Oh gosh- I haven't been on in a few days so now need to catch up on everything!
Wraithcry Farm
08:38:18 Trigger 🐾
I did not really pay attention. They are not mine haha.
Lost~Souls
08:37:59 Ls,lost,kayla,kl
Can't wait for her -HEE Click-
KPH Equestrian
08:36:52 Rapcoon | Jester
trigger
I do have the same ones then :D
Red Hill Hollow
08:36:00 Hills
-HEE Click-
-HEE Click-
Opinions?
Wraithcry Farm
08:35:47 Trigger 🐾
Yes, I do believe so.
Dandelion Farms
08:32:47 Sky/Dandy
-YT Click-
🤣
KPH Equestrian
08:32:45 Rapcoon | Jester
*those
KPH Equestrian
08:32:36 Rapcoon | Jester
trigger
ooh, cool! I think I have tose same reins, do yours have a buckle in the middle? :3
Wraithcry Farm
08:30:57 Trigger 🐾
Pic of the horse I am showing just because (Ben)
-Click-
Wraithcry Farm
08:30:41 Trigger 🐾
Horse show ready.
My instructor says I look good. We are doing a halter class, and a Western Please (At Your Own Pace) class. Both beginner classes. But it is the experience I am after, not the wins. Next year I am going to show more and try to be more competitive.
KPH Equestrian
08:30:03 Rapcoon | Jester
nah she was just thanking you, void😊
Dandelion Farms
08:29:17 Sky/Dandy
I just saw the funnies video and now I'm dying
Cedar Wood Farms
08:21:38 Cedar
Three horses and I got a 2k profit. Not bad boys. Not bad.
You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.

Rules   Hide
You are in: Main Chat
View Sales

Year: 179   Season: Spring   $: 0 Fri 08:54pm CDT  
 Forecast: Fog Early followed by Afternoon Showers

Forums

→ Horse Eden is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Downfall comments May 2, 2024 09:46 PM

Ponies heaven

Give Award

Hello

Feel free to comment here about what you would like to see more in the story and suggestions (advice) or criticism, I am open to it!
Downfall comments May 2, 2024 09:58 PM

FirstLightFarms

Trivia Team

Give Award
Hey!
I do have a few things to suggest that stood out to me while I was reading.
The first would be to not center your text, as it comes across as a poem and I had to reread it a few times to realize there was a story happening. It looks pretty but it messes with the physical flow of the reader's eye, which makes it harder to keep track of what's happening.
It seems like there's several flashbacks here, but again, it's hard to keep track of what's 'now' and what's 'then'. If you're not going to indicate it by having the narrator tell the reader that she's thinking of a memory (which can be pretty clunky), then possibly consider italicizing the flashbacks. It's a very common device to notate that a particular bit of text is a flashback.
I'm also not really sure what's happening. Who is your narrator, and what is their relationship with Freya? Why are they on a dune, where did the assassin come from, where did the horse come from? It was all super confusing.
You do seem to have a lot of really good ideas though, and I am super intrigued by the world you're building. Especially the end, and the mysterious figures.
The chapter is certainly a good start- you're introducing your characters and their situation, and ending it on a very mysterious, page-turning note. It just needs to be more clear so the reader understands what's happening.
Best of luck, and good job :)
Downfall comments May 2, 2024 10:11 PM

Ponies heaven

Give Award

FirstLightFarms said:
Hey!
I do have a few things to suggest that stood out to me while I was reading.
The first would be to not center your text, as it comes across as a poem and I had to reread it a few times to realize there was a story happening. It looks pretty but it messes with the physical flow of the reader's eye, which makes it harder to keep track of what's happening.
It seems like there's several flashbacks here, but again, it's hard to keep track of what's 'now' and what's 'then'. If you're not going to indicate it by having the narrator tell the reader that she's thinking of a memory (which can be pretty clunky), then possibly consider italicizing the flashbacks. It's a very common device to notate that a particular bit of text is a flashback.
I'm also not really sure what's happening. Who is your narrator, and what is their relationship with Freya? Why are they on a dune, where did the assassin come from, where did the horse come from? It was all super confusing.
You do seem to have a lot of really good ideas though, and I am super intrigued by the world you're building. Especially the end, and the mysterious figures.
The chapter is certainly a good start- you're introducing your characters and their situation, and ending it on a very mysterious, page-turning note. It just needs to be more clear so the reader understands what's happening.
Best of luck, and good job :)

Thank you for your advice, I will most certainly look into these things! I am planning on smoothing out the horse situation as the last scene will play on, as for the narrator, I am trying to move a 3d person story into a 1st person story and might need some help with that.

Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Refresh

Copyright ©2009-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved

Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   DMCA   |   Contact Us
Help Me (0)  |   Game Rules   |  Reset Palette