SugarplumStables
07:32:42 Brookie Cookie
Hey Jewel!
*Stable of Jewels*
07:31:55 Jewel🍄
Hey guys!! Long time no see!
Lost Shadows
07:27:35 Rainy's SA
Is it only me or did I see him grey out a bit already? he was totally brown before -HEE Click-
Mythological
07:26:39 Crowley | Myth
-HEE Click-
London Estates
07:20:49 Rainy ☔
Snow
Ooh Ive never seen that grey!
Gem Queens Estate
07:17:13 Snow❆Gem
@san

Hm, maybe breed her to a AD+B boy?
Santana Rising
07:15:58 San
I'd try to breed up her bravery
Gemstone Stable
07:05:01 Snow❆Gem
Pretty... might keep for showing?

-HEE Click-
Snow Stable
06:57:50 Snow❆Gem
Offically here! lol Lets see, what shall I do?
Full Stride Farm
06:50:55 Buckeye!
Now must get ready to leave for sheep herding
Full Stride Farm
06:50:40 Buckeye!
Not even going to get into the covid argument, but just to say the treatments that were made fun of and people ridiculed for them, do help, and are available as prescriptions for humans.
Only trying to help people feel better as soon as they can. 😉😊
Palm Harbor
06:44:39 Rosie
Covid is endemic now, like the common cold. The first year was like the settlers bringing chickenpox to the Native Americans and killing a bunch because their bodies had never seen anything like it. Now serious cases are mostly in the same groups that would get really sick from a cold. And remember, they both last 5-7 days with treatment and about a week if you ignore them.
Full Stride Farm
06:31:23 Buckeye!
Had covid 2 times.
Both me and hubby used a Dr that would prescribe the stuff the experts scoffed at.
We were both feeling better on day 2, feeling normal with no symptoms by day 3, and all taste and smell restored by day 5.
Wraithcry Farm
06:28:21 Trigger 🐾
The horse show is tomorrow 😬
I am doing one halter and one western pleasure class.
Not thinking I will win anything but, we shall hopefully have a good go at it
GhostWood
06:26:04 Lysa
I've had it 2x, and my smell and taste are still fucked up.
Snow Stable
06:13:06 Snow❆Gem
Boo! lol
Mythological
06:11:27 Crowley | Myth
The only symptom I had was loss of smell.
London Estates
06:09:17 Rainy ☔
Buck
Oof Covid sucks- I mean I've had it without any symptoms, but I've seen my mom really sick with it
Mythological
06:05:18 Crowley | Myth
Got a new club mare XD
Hot 2 Trot
06:03:30 ♡Holly♡
Buck
Oof hopefully you dont feel too bad.
I've had it 3 times. Its no fun
You must be a registered member for more
than 1 day before you can use our chatbox.

Rules   Hide
You are in: Main Chat
View Sales

Year: 179   Season: Summer   $: 0 Sat 07:33am CDT  
 Forecast: Steady Rain all Day

Forums

→ Horse Eden is a fun game! Sign Up Now!

My Subscriptions
My Bookmarks
My Topics
Latest Topics
Following
Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Capitalism's A Bitch (An Absurd Short Story for Puck) November 9, 2022 10:46 PM

Vellum Elites

Give Award

Puck's Prompt:

Somebody wished on a star, only that star is actually a magical creature that is now obligated to grant that wish. Unfortunately, the wish is something very oddly specific from a small child. The wish is one of those inflatable guys you see outside of car dealerships, and now the creature has to find out who makes them and come up with money to buy one, since the creature doesn't have money of it's own. capitalism's a bitch. And also has to find a way to deliver it to the small child's home in a satisfactory way. also the child wants a blue one with gold sparkles.

Capitalism's A Bitch

Teddy was born to a not so normal family, in a not so normal town. Bermuda Lane was a place where things went missing; missing from reality. His mother Elsie was straight out of the highlands and loaded with the folklore of her people. His father, Hector, had been unfortunate enough to wed the wild lassie and now was subject to her pagan rituals.

At the age of eight years old Teddy was already wishing for a different family. At school his friends would pick on him when his mother, hair amok and long dress swishing, dropped him off in a horse-drawn buggy. All Teddy wanted was to be a normal child.

Patrick has a normal family, why can’t I? All his life he had wanted to do normal things. Rather than wake up at 4am to dance in the backyard around a fire, he wanted to sleep in till 9am. Instead of playing with sticks and dead animals he wanted to play with matchbox cars. Why couldn’t his parents work at a car dealership, one with a big inflatable man outside, instead of the stupid shop for odds and ends.

When Elsie woke him on the morning of November 9, 2022, Teddy was ready for change. His mother started her daily chanting and Teddy scowled.

“I don’t want to be a part of this family anymore!” He yelled at his mother.

For a moment Elsie stared at her son with a look of awe and then, almost as quickly as the look crossed her face, it was gone. Swirling about, dress fringe sweeping the floor, Elsie hurried out of Teddy’s bedroom muttering under her breath. In all his eight years upon the Earth he had never heard his mother say anything normal. Her only friend was Tam from down the lane and Tam was a nutcase to rival his mum.

Teddy stomped into the living room and glared at his father.

“HECTOR. I want a new family.” The little brat called out.

His father glanced up from his newspaper, eyes void of expression. “Ask your mother Teddy.” The old man snorted gruffly, flapped his newspaper twice–to achieve the proper angle to take in the daily news–and returned to reading. Teddy stood in the living room, his face heating up. Nobody took him seriously! He wanted to be a real little boy instead of a boy trapped in the delusion that was his family. He wanted to be at a car dealership with an inflatable man instead of here with his stupid, stupid mother.

Whispering as he retreated to his bedroom, Teddy repeated what he had often heard at school.

Star light, star bright,

First star I see tonight,

I wish I may, I wish I might,

Have this wish I wish tonight…”

Maybe the incantation would work for him. Maybe he wouldn’t have to live with his horrid family. Maybe his father would be a car salesman and his mother a teacher. Maybe he could have his own inflatable man.

Suddenly, the ground below him upheaved and he was sent spiraling through a star spangled tunnel. Dimly he could hear a snorting and as he opened his eyes he found himself in a blue, spherical, room. Across from him, on a floating pillow, sat a pony, cross legged; a feat wholly impossible for a pony.

This pony was nothing like his Gran’s ponies. Those ponies were dull creatures that squealed whenever humans approached them. Those ponies were covered in mud and had nasty teeth ready to chomp down on innocent fingers. Those ponies were, well, boring. This pony was delightful.

He gazed upon the beast in childlike excitement as it snuffled at him. The pony’s mane was purple and its coat a light blue; white spots were splashed upon it like paint. A melodic tune whistled softly past his ears and he realized that if he focused hard he could make out the words.

“A wish you make, a wish you must,

For wishing doth come at a cost,

You wish for me, you wish for much,

But only grant you one I must.”

Teddy discovered that the melodic tune was coming from the pony. Although the pony was not speaking, it was as if their minds were linked and he could read the pony’s thoughts. How absurd that wishing upon a star would land him in front of a magic pony.

The pony, very suddenly, was right in front of him; its chocolate brown eyes staring into Teddy’s green ones. The melodic tune was louder, and much clearer now. Teddy knew he had to make a wish, but what for? What could he possibly want?

After puzzling for a few minutes he registered his desire. He wanted the inflatable man. He knew it would be foolish to ask for a new family, no mere pony could grant that. But if he had to have a weird family, why couldn’t he have a weird wish? Why couldn’t he have an inflatable man, and not just any inflatable man, a blue inflatable man with gold sparkles and a goofy lopsided grin.

The pony stood there as Teddy telepathically communicated his wish. A baffled expression crossed the pony’s face as it pondered the logistics of this wish. Where would it get an inflatable man, especially one of these dimensions. How would he transport the inflatable man, surely it wouldn’t fit inside a lamp. How was the pony to buy one? Magic ponies don’t get magic money, magic ponies have to work for a living. Capitalism’s a bitch…

In an explosion of sparkles and rainbows Teddy was catapulted back into his bedroom; the magic pony was nowhere to be seen. Upon his bed rested a note, scrawled in the poorest handwriting he had ever seen.

“Surely this was written by the pony, no other creature would have such illegible writing.” He voiced softly.

Teddy picked up the note and deciphered it. It read:

“A wish as complex as this is rare to be heard but not impossible to grant. To your specifications I have been true but to your imagination I can’t . Be happy with little as much is too much. Be happy with this, I pray for thee doth love.”

Beneath the note was a black bag that had been pressed into his quilt. The bag was small but heavy. Teddy slowly opened it and peaked inside. To his bemusement he saw a snowglobe, and inside the globe was a blue inflatable man, waving wildly as golden sparkles fell around him.

Edited at November 9, 2022 11:03 PM by Vellum Elites
Capitalism's A Bitch (An Absurd Short Story for Puck) November 9, 2022 10:49 PM

FirstLightFarms

Trivia Team

Give Award
hahaha this is fantastic. maybe one day little teddy will have a car dealership and a normal family and a very special inflatable man
Capitalism's A Bitch (An Absurd Short Story for Puck) November 9, 2022 10:50 PM

Vellum Elites

Give Award

FirstLightFarms said:
hahaha this is fantastic. maybe one day little teddy will have a car dealership and a normal family and a very special inflatable man

I hope so! But little Teddy is a brat and needs to grow up first.
Capitalism's A Bitch (An Absurd Short Story for Puck) November 9, 2022 11:00 PM

Color On the Spot

Give Award
Vellum. That was captivating! I really loved it!
Capitalism's A Bitch (An Absurd Short Story for Puck) November 9, 2022 11:01 PM

Vellum Elites

Give Award

Color On the Spot said:
Vellum. That was captivating! I really loved it!

Thank you! I had no idea when asking for a prompt Puck would come up with something as wild as that lol.

Forums > Rider's Lounge > Writer's Nook

Refresh

Copyright ©2009-2024 Go Go Gatsby Designs, LLC    All Rights Reserved

Terms Of Use  |   Privacy Policy   DMCA   |   Contact Us
Help Me (1)  |   Game Rules   |  Reset Palette